- An individual or business requesting work from The Admin Genie will be referred to as ‘the client’.
- These Terms and Conditions form the contract between The Admin Genie and the client.
Booking the task
- The Admin Genie will consult with you for up to 2 hours before the first booking without charge.
- Subsequent tasks will be discussed for up to 15 minutes without charge.
- When a task has been discussed the details will be sent by e-mail or post to the client for confirmation.
- The client will indicate acceptance by reply and these Terms and Conditions will form the contract.
- Timescales and deadlines will be agreed prior to commencement of the task.
- The client will ensure that The Admin Genie is provided with all paperwork and information necessary to complete the task prior to the commencement of the task.
- Work can be received by email attachment, post, USB drive CD Rom or courier. A local collection service is available on request. (Mileage charges apply)
- All documentation will be scanned using anti-virus software but no guarantees can be issued.
- It is the clients’ responsibility to install anti-virus protection on their own equipment.
- Final proof reading remains the responsibility of the client, however in the unlikely event of any mistakes being found they will be rectified free of charge if returned within 48 hours.
- The time taken to complete a task will be monitored and recorded. Only time used directly on the task will be recorded; any interruptions or breaks will not be included in the completion time.
- Time used will be deducted from the total credit on the ‘Genie as you go’ scheme.
- If the credit on the ‘Genie as you go’ scheme is running out the client will be warned and the work will either cease at the end of that time or the client can purchase additional time.
- Works will be presented using Microsoft Office applications.
- All fees and additional costs for mileage, stationery or postage etc will be charged monthly. All payments are strictly 14 days from date of invoice. 5% will automatically be added for late payments. Under the governments ‘Late Payment Legislation’, debt recovery compensation and statutory interest (8% plus Bank of England base rate) may also be added.
- Payments must be made in UK pounds sterling by bank transfer, cash or cheques. If client’s original requirements change, we reserve the right to change our original quotation following suitable consultation with client.
- The client will be liable to refund any unpaid cheque charges.
- Time used will be deducted from the total amount of credit on the ‘Genie as you go’ scheme.
- All charges will be reviewed on 1st January of each year and clients will be notified of any new charges in writing.
- If turnaround of work of 24 hours is requested, additional charges may be applied.
- The Admin Genie is not currently VAT registered.
- The Admin Genie will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, theft etc of data, documents, equipment or any items relating to tasks during transit to and from our premises.
- Final responsibility for proof reading and checking all completed work lies with the client. The Admin Genie will not be held liable or responsible for the end use of any work completed by us, including anything that may be sent to a 3rd party at the clients request.
- In no event shall The Admin Genie be liable for any indirect punitive, special or incidental damage (including loss of business, revenue, profits, use, data or other economic advantage) however it arises.
- Clients have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment used and will not make a claim against The Admin Genie for lost data, re-run time, inaccurate instruction, work delays or lost profits resulting from a contract.
- The Admin Genie retains the right to reject work that we feel is illegal, immoral or objectionable.
Confidentiality & Data Protection
- All work undertaken is treated IN CONFIDENCE. If required, we will sign a Confidentiality Clause.
- Project work
- No details regarding clients or information relating to work carried out will be disclosed or passed to a third party without prior consent unless we are legally obliged to do so.
- All work will be kept on file for a period of 12 months. After this time, work will be deleted unless specifically instructed.
We aim to communicate with you by such methods as you may reasonably request. You may need to virus check electronic media and emails as, although we take reasonable precautions, we cannot guarantee that all electronic data is virus free. We will communicate with you and others when appropriate by email, but we cannot be responsible for the security of correspondence and documents sent by email. By accepting these Terms of Business, you give informed consent to enable us to communicate with you on confidential matters by email, unless you have asked us not to do so.